Satellite
  • Day 10

    Lezzeno - Lake Como

    September 8, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Our home for the next three nights is a traditional Italian holiday home on the shores of Lake Como, in a small town called Lezzeno, 2km from the well-known Bellagio. Far enough away to not be touristy but close enough to visit for the day.

    The bus ride here was quite perilous, but the views and atmosphere are worth the scary ride. It certainly is an authentic Italian holiday home and Brad was not really that impressed, but I loved the authenticity of it. However the views from our balcony certainly made up for any disappointment Brad felt.

    One thing I did not realise when booking our accommodation was that there really wasn't a lot around. Thankfully our host drove us to the nearest shop to buy some groceries for the next few days. That in itself was a very unique experience and luckily our host was with us as no one spoke English and the shops here are so totally different to what we have at home. It certainly made us realise how lucky we are with the shops we have available, and the range of products we can choose from. We managed to buy some delicious meats, cheese and crackers and some Italian wine to enjoy while admiring the views from our balcony.

    It is a truly beautiful place to unwind and relax for a few days.
    Read more