Satellite
  • Day 32

    Orvieto

    September 30, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    First up this morning was a drive to Orvieto to do the Underground tour. And what an experience the drive was!! The GPS had us driving through the town itself to get to the parking area which could have been reached a much easier way. The lanes we drove down were so narrow that we had to fold in the side view mirrors. I honestly thought we were going to get the car stuck between two buildings and we would have just had to abandon it there. We have since discovered that the GPS was set to walk so it took us off the main roads. We made it and it was an experience we won’t forget.

    I have to say that Orvieto was a lovely surprise. The town is beautiful and has such a lovely vibe to it. The Duomo was so pretty, the cobblestone laneways clean, and the doorways, windows and benches were adorned with wooden decorations or flowing flowers. Orvieto is now one of my favourite towns. I wish we were staying there to enjoy it some more.

    We couldn’t get into the morning Underground tour so we enjoyed a stroll around town and checked out the Duomo before the tour. A lovely way to spend the morning.
    Read more