Satellite
  • Day 16

    T Fondaco dei Tedeschi Terrace, Venice

    September 14, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Last time we were in Venice we found out about being able to visit the terrace on top of the elite shopping centre, T Fondaco dei Tedeschi. Unfortunately we found out towards the end of our time in Venice and when we tried to visit on the last morning the line was so long we didn’t get to check it out.

    This almost happened again this visit. We tried to visit in the morning but when we got there we found out it was closed for a private event. We were told the event would finish at midday but when we returned it was still going and the security guy had no idea when it would finish. We waited for bit and then decided to try again later if we had time.

    At the end of the day on our way home we thought we would give it one last try - SUCCESS. We were finally able to check out the view of Venice from the terrace. Unfortunately due to the heat it was very hazy and the view wasn’t as clear as we would have liked, but it was still an amazing view - a very close up view of the famous Rialto Bridge. Our persistence paid off.

    The actual shopping centre is also pretty cool, from the red escalators to the amazing internal view of the four floors. The other cool thing was actually the entrance to the terrace. They have started created patterns on the floor using postage stamps which they have then added a clear floor over the designs. It would be amazing to see it when the project is finished. It was great to finally get to visit the terrace.
    Read more