Satellite
  • Day 15

    Revisiting Venice

    September 13, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    After yet another delicious breakfast (this is going to be a hard habit to break), we made the train to Venice - just. One thing about Italians, they are never in a hurry but at least we made it.

    It was yet another extremely hot day and thankfully we were able to check into our accommodation early. Because of a change of plans we were spending one extra night in Venice but could not extend our already booked accommodation so had to book somewhere else. And I have to say thank goodness we only had to spend one night here. While it was clean and the air con was amazing, it was the smallest room we have ever been in. And the room rules state you cannot eat or drink in your room. This is a hotel for goodness sake. Very odd. We also had to leave the keys with reception when we went out. I will say again - air con was amazing.

    We cooled down in our room for the afternoon then headed out to reacquaint ourselves with Venice. I fell in love with Venice on our trip last year and was looking forward to revisiting. Unfortunately it wasn't as "sparkly" as last time. Some places were a lot more touristy and the authentic feel was missing. There was also a lot more graffiti in places and some areas just felt run down. It is still a very unique city and I am glad we get to visit again.

    The great thing about visiting a second time though is that we were able to find our way around a lot easier with less wrong turns. Although you can never take a wrong turn in Venice. Everywhere you look there is something to see and admire. Due to the heat it was still extremely hazy, even late afternoon, but we still got to admire the Venice charm. We are looking forward to our next few days in Venice.
    Read more