Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Hundertwasser

    September 7, 2020 in Austria ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Friedensreich Hundertwasser was one of the most famous Austrian artists. The most characteristic aspects of his design include intense colors, non-repetitiveness and the refusal to use straight lines, even in architecture. Consequently, the buildings he designed - three of which we visited today in Vienna - consist of colorful, curvy walls and floors, with a lot of plants integrated on the sides and the roof (Hundertwasser was also an ecological activist and made his materials from natural resources).
    In the afternoon, we met with Klaus at Prater, an amusement park right in the city center and did some screaming on the rides. The most chill of them was a chairoplane (dt.: Kettenkarussell) that gave an incredible view of the entire city (but was just reeeeaaally high 🙈). We did, however, to other ones where you were twisted and turned really fast and felt like falling out of your seat from very high.
    A little recommendation on the side: if you want to have a not too expensive student-style meal (or just some simple beers at a place that does not at all remind of the Viennese Opera style), try out Käuzchen.
    Read more