Satellite
  • Day 25

    Angus's Birthday Dinner

    December 8, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 10 °C

    I had given Angus a list of restaurants to select from for his birthday dinner. He decided on E TUTTO QUA, which was on located Columbus Street and across the road from the City Lights Book Store. We arrived just before 8pm, and were warmly greeted by the Maître D - I mentioned we were celebrating Angus’s birthday, but that was it. Our table wasn’t quite ready, so we were asked to take a seat at the bar. The place was so noisy you couldn’t hear yourself think. We ordered drinks, and were ushered upstairs about 10 minutes later. All the staff were very friendly and the food was delicious. When we ordered dessert, the waiter asked me Angus’s name, and when they brought dessert they had a candle in his and sang him happy birthday, with the whole restaurant joining in - I am pretty sure he enjoyed it. Over the evening there were at least three other birthdays celebrated.

    On the way back to the hotel, we walked through Chinatown, which was practically deserted, which made it an easy thing to do as the footpaths are very narrow.

    We have done most of our packing, so not too much to do in the morning. We hope the LA fires don’t cause any issues with flights. Atlanta Airport had to cancel 900 flights today due to snow. It is crazy, southern states like Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi (to name a few) are experiencing snow, and Southern California is experiencing wild fires with humidity at 1-2%, which is so low.
    Read more