Satellite
  • Day 29

    Last full day in Brussels

    July 23, 2018 in Belgium ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    This is my last full day in Brussels and so I am hanging out with my aunt Paulette who is also my godmother. Paulette has recently turned 86 and is in very good shape, she lives alone in the family home with a swimming pool and she swims everyday and keeps the house, her grandson Stephan helps keep the large grounds under control. Last night she cooked me a delicious meal - rack of lamb, roast potatoes, tomatoes Provençal, green beans and a salad and then strawberries for dessert, and of course wine ( rosé ) to accompany the meal. I had a pretty good sleep last night but it is still very warm in Brussels - today it is about 30 degrees with it climbing up as the week progresses. I will be departing early tomorrow morning as I first have to fly to Heathrow where I will catch my flight back to Melbourne.

    For lunch today I am taking my aunt to a lovely Italian restaurant in the next village, it is important for me to spoil her as she has done this for me many times over the years and also, I don’t know if I will have the opportunity to see her again, hopefully I will, but you never know.
    Read more