Satellite
  • Day 8

    Dinner at Nopi

    September 11, 2019 in England ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    For our final night in London we had booked dinner at Nopi. This is one of Yotam Ottolenghi’s flagship restaurants. The decor is comfortable and stylish yet understated and it had a great vibe. We were well looked after by the professional team at Nopi and in particular a lovely young Australian waiter from Queensland who was only day 2 into his job as a waiter, he was very knowledgeable about the menu and was a lovely young man.

    For dinner we chose a range of dishes to share which is the recommended way to experience dinner at Nopi. We started with three dishes (1) crushed beetroot, arak-soaked cherries, sheep’s labneh, grains of paradise and walnuts, (2) Roasted sweet potato, figs, balsamic, Rosary goat’s cheese, (3) Courgette and malnourished fritters with a cardamom yoghurt - all three vegetable dishes were delicious. We then shared two meat dishes (1) Mutton shawarma, pickled watermelon, yoghurt and flatbread (2) Crispy saddleback pork belly, green papaya somtam and peanuts which we had with a herb salad, cherry vinegar and sunflower seeds.

    For dessert Ian had Straberry Mes (like an Eaton Mess) and I had grilled pineapple, coconut ice cream and roasted macadamia nuts. I also had the best cup of tea - I have found it difficult to get a good cup of tea in London which I found very surprising. It was a wonderful evening and a fitting way to finish our time in London.
    Read more