Satellite
  • Day 11

    Starnberger See (Lake)

    September 14, 2019 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    After leaving Zugspitze, we headed back to Munich, but stopped on the way to meet Anke’s son Max, who was competing in a sailing regatta on Starnberger See, the lake that Anke and her family live by. On the first day of competition, Max and his partner Leo finished 15th and 11th, with the result of the third race not known yet. Max will be back tomorrow to compete in the second day. We also briefly stopped at Anke’s house in Starnberg for some drinks and nibbles, as Anna had had enough of listening to English being spoken all day. Anna has just started learning English, so it was a little overwhelming for her. Having said that, she does understand you if you speak slowly 1:1, and did quite well.

    While we were at Anke’s, she phoned her parents, so it was nice to speak to Fritz and Inca. Anke has a lovely home with views of the lake. Anke then kindly drove us back to our apartment in Munich. It was 8.30 by the time we got back, so we just grabbed a couple of slices of pizza from one of the Turkish restaurants near our apartment, as we were not that hungry after our lovely lunch.
    Read more