Satellite
  • Day 187

    One more beach holiday...

    June 3, 2016 in Tanzania ⋅ 🌙 17 °C

    So, we decided to come back to Zanzibar! Yes, it is that great. We wanted to explore a different part of the island so have a few days booked at a bungalow in Nungwi (Kajibange Bar & Guesthouse) with the intention of spending our last few nights in a different town. However, we arrived last night and we like the location and the vibe so much we are finding out if we can stay here until we leave for Egypt.

    Last night we met some of the host staff (Gibson, Christian, and Suleman) and ended up joining them and a Moroccan couple for dinner. Suleman had fetched a freshly caught King Mackerel (pictured) and cooked it for over an hour on the spit above the beach fire. Even Rachel, who doesn't really like seafood, thought the fish tasted amazing! It had just been caught and was absolutely delicious. For anyone coming to Zanzibar, we highly recommend the seafood.

    As a bonus, most of our friends from the safari are arriving in Nungwi today, so we will get to continue hanging out with them! There are plans in the works to do some diving with at least one of our friends in Mnemba which is supposed to be beautiful. We also found out there are some swimming caves/lagoons a short walk from here so we'll head there one day as well.

    For now, though, we are set up on the beach for a late lunch. The tide is in, the view is great, and Kajibange has a collection of friendly kittens and a puppy, all of whom are adorable.
    Read more