Satellite
  • Day 10

    Day 1 of Funemployment

    December 8, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 -7 °C

    Rachel had her last day at work yesterday, and we had many emotional goodbyes to friends and family last night. Today, the adventure begins! A huge shout-out to Aunt Chrissy who not only put us up for the last week, but is the wonderful caretaker to our kitty Lola until we get settled in. As we pulled out of the driveway this morning, Chrissy stood at the door holding Lola, both of them waving goodbye to us. It was so sweet, and I wish we had a picture of the moment to share with you all.

    We had a few bumps as we headed out of Buffalo. The first was what appeared to be a massive traffic jam leaving town; we took a detour and only lost a few minutes of time.

    Next up we had a bit of a mess on our hands. We filled one of those round coolers so we would have plenty of water for the drive, only Rachel stored it sideways in the passenger floorwell, not knowing it was not water-tight. (You would think it would be though!) So at one point, we looked down and there was an inch of standing water on the floor of the car. That was a fun little adventure to clean up. But we did it! And we made it to Beantown after just a couple more detours and traffic jams.

    We had a nice dinner with many friends at Hojoko. It was excellent! Unique cocktails and yummy food, plus amazing company. For a day that could’ve had a lot of sadness, we were lucky to be surrounded by such good old friends who brought us joy. The night ended with a delicious cake, made by Jamie for Andrew’s birthday!
    Read more