Satellite
  • Day 1

    Bredons Norton

    August 17, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    15th August 2017.

    Leaving date. We a wake to find we have a blackout. Change of plans, we get up early and have a lovely walk to Manly beach then round to .Shelly beautiful sunrise. Hoping the power is on by the time we return bit no joy. Luckily we can have a hot shower at Di's place, walk into Manly for a coffee.
    Pick up is at 11.50 , 10 minutes before we leave we have powers again.

    Great seats on the plane , uneventful journey.

    16th August

    Touch down at Heathrow. Easy passage through customs, luggage picked up and car from Hertz. First stop is Bredon's Norton. We have visite here with Phils sister Pat and husband John many times before. We are surprised they don't come out to greet us when we arrive. The door is open so we go in to find Pat busy cleaning. They were expecting us the next day!!!

    We all have a laugh about this. Phil goes off to Tewksbury with Pat and John to help with the shopping. We've already decide we'll eat at a pub tonight. The rest of the afternoon we spend walking up Bredon hill. Fantastic countryside and views.

    Early to bed, we've managed to stay awake the whole day.

    17th August

    We both wake feeling refreshed.
    Read more