Satellite
  • Day 13

    Day 9 of Camino De Santiago

    September 10, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Dios Mio!!!!! Why is every day harder than the previous!!! This morning was starting out great; only a small day of 18km ahead of us. We were taking it easy, stopping at cafes often enough, meeting people along the way (I met 5 Canadian ladies who are from Ottawa and outaouais region) - everything was going great. Until. We get to our village and start looking for our albergue. We pick up our phones and start entering the address into our Google maps. Luis looks at us with a look of desperation on his face and shows us his phone. 7km. You're kidding right? It's 35 degrees outside, we have been walking for almost 6 hours and we need to keep going another 7km? If that wasn't bad enough- he goes to ask someone in a store and the man laughs and says 7km? No no it's more like 10km! 😒....

    Vanessa and I weren't saying anything - everyone was completely unimpressed and mad. After bitching it out we started walking and went straight into the first bar we saw. Nothing helps a situation like a good glass of sangria. 😍 We decided to finish this route to go to our albergue by the road and not the actual camino since it was 3km more. What. It's still walking the camino even if you're walking it on the main highway to save time! It must of been the most brutal 5km ever. The heat must of reached 40 with the humidex. Finally. We arrived. I'm pretty sure we walked 7km but any way. Once we arrived we made some drinks and went into the pool and laughed it out.

    On the bright side - only 17km to reach Santiago in the morning.. last day tomorrow. I don't know how I will feel but I think the emotions will be in the air when I see that church afar.

    T-minus 1 day. 17km.
    P.s. albergue for our last night. Please no one snore. Man I do hate shared rooms.
    Read more