Satellite
  • Camping at Mount Tamborine

    December 29, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    We have spent the last few days camping on Mount Tambourine, which is South of Brisbane and inland from the Gold Coast. The site was shady and we managed to get ourselves a very private spot. The kids have had great fun playing in the dirt and the river. We have enjoyed the relaxing fresh air and outdoor living and have been able to cook over an open fire.

    We saw some good wildlife- Bandacoot, wallaby, monitor lizard, stick insect, Cain toad, cockateel, laurequeets and cuckoburros. It was great!

    Yesterday we went to the Gold Coast to see the long stretch of beach there. It was busy, but the beach is so long it always has more space. It was mega hot so we had to stay in a restaurant until the sun eased a bit, then we all had fun in the sea and sand.

    Last night for New Year the kids did a performance show of some dances for us. We had YMCA, the Macarrenna and I like to Move it. Magnus danced so hard he got stitch and had to take a break and the girls filled in with some inspiring monkey type backing dancing. They have their parents dance talents....or lack of. Then they had fun with some sparklers whilst we adults drank some big pop to celebrate the new year. None of us managed to stay up until midnight, but Stew and Jamie were nearly there as they shared a bottle of red wine by the fire.

    It was a relaxing few days and the kids have been less argumentative as they have had more space and freedom.
    Read more