Satellite
  • Day 1

    Orchard Road

    August 3, 2018 in India ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    Orchard Road – A Preferred destination for shoppers

    That Singapore is one giant shopping mall is a fact I cannot deny, not when I have just recently visited and been swept off my feet by the Lion City. I shopped till I dropped, literally! I dropped on my hotel room bed, thankfully, but the happiness that came with packing bags upon bags of goodies to carry home cannot be replaced by any other.

    Arriving at Orchard Road is no trouble at all. It is stretched across a 2.5 km road. Shopping on Orchard Road is a treat. However, don’t forget to carry your credit cards as the prices can be quite high. It is supposed to be the entertainment hub and a major tourist attraction of Singapore. Be sure to bargain for the product you wish to buy else you will land up paying a heavy price. All and all it is a good place to walk around and buy.

    I took my tickets from http://www.redbus.sg/ and the rest of journey went by without any hiccups.

    Your shopping bonanza in Singapore must begin with the discovery and exploration of the gigantic Orchard Road. For someone with a fashion style sense that reads something like, ‘feminine rock’, there are not many places that I can safely cater to this need of mine. Until I walked through Orchard Road and into Wheelock Palace, in the basement of which lies the feminine rock fashion paradise—Rosebullet.

    ION Orchard is another popular landmark on Orchard Road. If it is your last day here and want to quicky lay your hands shopping, then this is the place for you. It is said to be Singapore’s first multi-sensory experiential shopping and lifestyle mall. It is a huge shopping complex and amply crowded. And it sure didn’t disappoint! The land where the brands dwell, this gargantuan mall is home to more than 300 stores, including Charles & Keith, Miu Miu, Giorgio Armani, Dolcce & Gabbana, Dior, etc. You get anything you want in this place and ot just branded but also other normal or local brands. The other best thing is if you are tired and hungry and done with your shopping there are lots of restaurants, café around where you can refresh yourself with some good eateries and drinks. It is much recommended place to visit when in Singapore/
    For chic street fashion wear, enter Far East Plaza that is situated at the heart of Orchard Road. T-shirts, dresses, accessories, you name it and you will find its trendiest streetwear option.

    Spoilt for choice
    Today, Orchard Road is flanked by iconic shopping malls, restaurants and hotels, choc-a-bloc with retail, dining and entertainment choice for every taste and budget. Designer threads, fast fashion, upscale restaurants, ethnic wares, art galleries and relaxed hangouts – you name it, Orchard Road has it.

    Here’s a tip: while the almond and jambu trees are no more, huge angsana trees lining the large pedestrian mall give ample shade from the blazing sun – making this still a nice place to stroll.
    Read more