Satellite
  • Day 8

    Juliet's and the Beach

    June 7, 2019 in England ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Rain forecast. Preparations for othillo swimrun well underway and a few hardy soles out practicing. First stop to pick up St Agnes gin from Tanglewood behind the post Office. Then off to Porth Melon craft workshops followed by the gallery where we met Stephen Morris, the artist who had been painting a watercolour in the Main Street all week which he showed us. His uncle was married to Nan Heath who also painted watercolours many with wild flowers in the foreground. We then forged on through the rain of storm Miguel past Porth Loo and on to Juliet’s which now has a lovely new building as well as terraces with views for when the sun shines.
    We enjoyed a cream tea and watched the Scillonian sail in.
    Braving the passing storm we nipped along to the gate where we have a group family photo from some 25 years ago. Then back past the duck pond and Harry’s Walls for lunch at The Beach-excellent it was too!
    We all felt the need for a restful afternoon at base while the storm moderated.
    Late afternoon we met some new friends of J&N, who shared the same coat as Nat and an 11 week old. We had drinks, including Ales of Scilly special brew for them. Then we stayed on for tapas in Dibble and Grub on Porthcressa, sadly not conducive to sitting outside.
    Read more