Satellite
  • Day 16

    Last Full Day

    March 17, 2020 in Sri Lanka ⋅ 🌧 29 °C

    Another beautiful sunny day! The air clear after yesterday’s storms.
    Last proper breakfast as we have to leave 06.30 tomorrow. We will miss the fresh tropical fruits.
    We are checked in for the flight home despite all the uncertainty. We hear all incoming international flights stop at midnight tomorrow!
    At breakfast we learned of the need to register our presence in Sri Lanka. First we walked a half mile to Selyn an excellent craft and clothing shop run by a friend of Savi. We had some difficulty finding a tuktuk on the way back which is unusual but seems to be part of the wariness.
    Dropped off our purchases and then got a driver to take us to the police station. Turned out he is the chef at Ceilao Villas! It was a fun ride as they generally are. He was very helpful and eventually found the right place and we duly sat under a tree with two policemen who filled in a register. Midway he asked why we had come, to which I replied we were told to. At the end he asked how we were. Duty done we returned to the house and had a spot of lunch which the driver/chef prepared.
    A little pool time followed before Chris & Savi picked us up for afternoon tea at the Galle Face Hotel. Hugo was in his element. Very special and followed by cocktails at sunset.
    A fitting end to our trip. Wish we could stay as the virus continues to wreak havoc in the uk by all accounts.
    Read more