Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Epidaurus/Mycenae/Sparta

    October 5, 2021 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 63 °F

    Was up late last night having a night cap cigar ( Joya- Antano-red) Then a quick sleep, onto breakfast.

    A short trip to a amphitheatre in Epidaurus. A magnificent preserved amphitheater from Ancient Greece. Scaled the monument, a most remarkable experience. A truly magnificent tribute to early Greek art and culture.

    *Personal note...Candy is now wheel chair bound. Pushing Candy to the very steep site...
    1/2 mile at a 30 degree angle...
    Of Epidaurus road, to an amphitheater and ancient Mycenae in her wheel chair and having her do and experience what she physically could not do. My heart is warm.

    Another short distance we arrived at the second most ancient city ever conceived in Greece named Mycenae. First we visited off site the ancient bee hive tomb. The tomb of Agamemnon 13th century b.c. Unbelievable! Then onto the museum and city..I loved it...has to be seen and felt. A short drive in the Mycenae valley had a delightful lunch. I had moussaka and a beer ( I love Greek food.) Then shortly thereafter we visited a pottery plant which is main center for replica Greek arts. I loved their craftsmanship and I commissioned an art plate depicting the battle of Troy with Achilles versus Hector,( can't wait!)

    Arrived into the city of Sparta around 5. Celina and I did a little catch up shopping followed by coffee in an outdoor cafe till the Cosmos dinner. From our hotel dinner we had a lovely four courses and a glass of Greek Red. Went to the bar and got a 12 year Johhnny Walker for my room balcony chased with a pipe and cigar.
    Read more