Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Delphi/Kalambaka/Meteora

    October 8, 2021 in Greece ⋅ 🌧 55 °F

    Up and rested and on to the dining room at 7:15 ...oooh ! coffee!!! , not hungry, just coffee.
    Departing the Apollonia Hotel, I have to say the most Charming so far in the trip. A family operation, very clean and friendly. I would come back here.

    On to our excursion of Delphi. Another great guide and this time around I can see the feel and excitement of this Greek Monument. From the guide's tour I can see and feel how the Greeks lived. Had a great guide who was fascinating, which compensated for the rain, ( came to far to let any stop me). Afterwards onto the site museum to meet up with family, had a coffee then onto the next leg of our journey.

    Today will another long driving day to end up in Kalambaka( Meteora).

    Along the way stopped at lunch at a quaint road stop cafeteria Greek style. Bought a few Greek trinkets, sampled a nice light Ouzo there, not bad. Bought two mini's...lets see how good?

    Came into Kalambaka around 5, stopped at a tourist center which it specialized in christian icon art. Found that brand of Ouzo and bought a bottle for home. Then to our hotel. Relaxed on our balcony with a
    360 degree mountain views of Meteora and had pipe and cigar. 3 of us guys balcony to balcony..B-isin.
    and smokin, a nice moment.

    Dinner at 7 and afterwards a double scotch (Johnny Walker red..terrible!) and a Davidoff Conn. 2014 cigar....another great day into night.

    Tomorrow a trip to the Meteora Monastery then a long ride back to Athens.
    Read more