Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Aswan

    October 21, 2021 in Egypt ⋅ ☀️ 70 °F

    Up early for a busy morning...breakfast at 5:15.
    Docked in Aswan still.
    Boarded our bus for a stop at Kitchener's Island for which we boarded a power felucca boat. On the island we toured the monument temple of Philae.

    Afterwards we stopped at an Egyptian aroma therapy shop...impressed so much I bought some oils And a set of oil burners.

    Oh..oh..Celina came up lame on her trip to Philae. Blew her knee. I think she is spent...good it happened almost at the end of our Tour. We' ll see if she is better tomorrow..maybe just riding the bus for her.

    Next a stop at the Aswan granite quarries. View an abandoned 300 ton obelisk ordered by Queen Hatshepsut's
    Reign.

    Back for Lunch then afterwards a Nubian Village excursion for me...solo...Celina and Fam to chill on the boats sundeck.

    The tour started out just 100 yards from our boat, we boarded a Faluca boat and headed towards Nubia. Then we were met mid stream from a Nubian boat, which we crossed on . Then onto a Nubian Village of no particular name. What a surprise this optional excursion was...the Nubian waters and land was eye candy. The people, the locale the hospitality was unique and refreshing. A delightful beverage was served with a condiment tray. Then an exhibition of a live crocodile was fun. It capped our trip!

    Back in time to relax on the sun deck then to dinner.
    Picked up the jewelry I custom ordered for Alex.
    Paid our bill and last minute shopping and finished the evening with 2 cigars.
    Read more