Satellite
  • Day 226

    Exmouth

    July 21, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    We swam with Whale Sharks!

    A major bucket list item checked off the list. This one was way out of our comfort zone, but we're so glad we did it. We spent a full day with 3 Islands Whale Shark Dive and so happy we chose this operator. The all girl crew were fantastic and went out of their way to ensure everyone got to swim with a whale shark, regardless of their snorkling ability. We stopped at the inner reef in the morning to try our snorkling equipment whilst our spotter plane searched for whale sharks. Luckily for us the plane spotted plenty so we headed out to sea and had 6 dives with the biggest fish in the ocean! It's very tiring trying to keep up with them (especially whilst filming with a GoPro) and we all slept very well that night! We even got to see a humpback whale and calf, dolphins, manta ray, turtles and went snorkling on Ningaloo Reef on the way back to port.

    Drove up to Viamingh Head Lighthouse for sunset drinks and were lucky enough to see many humpback whales swimming past.

    Had a great dinner out with Robert & Karen at an Italian restaurant in Exmouth and had a fantastic night. We said our goodbyes as we parted ways for the time being...we may catch up down the track.

    Beautiful weather 13- 27°
    Read more