Satellite
  • Day 4

    Budapest

    September 23, 2019 in Hungary ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Wow what a day! Had a largely sleepless 13 hour flight from Singapore to Munich despite having a full Restavit...don't know how people sleep on planes!
    For some reason my feet swelled up like plates and were pretty painful which didn't help. I even wore the DVT stockings, but had to take them and my shoes off.

    We arrived late in to Munich at 0630 and only had 30 minutes to get to our connecting flight to Budapest. We just made it but the Mahaffey's missed it by a minute or two...very stressful! Luckily there was a 1130 flight, so, along with another unfortunate couple, they were able to get on that one.

    Because of my swollen feet and sleepless night, it meant for an exhausting day in Budapest. Our driver was lovely and took us to the luggage storage place where we stored our ports, before dropping us to our Air BnB apartment around the corner. We couldn't get in till 1400 so just made sure of the address and went about exploring.

    Checked out some markets and shops, then found a little coffee shop to rest and planned how to fill in the day.

    Did a tour through Dohany St. Synagogue which was great...amazing history and tragic stories of the Jewish community throughout WW2.

    Finally 1400 came around and we picked up our luggage and got in to our apartment. Bloody feet looked like swollen pork chops by this stage, so I went straight to bed and put my feet up the wall to try and relieve the swelling. Mahaffey's arrived about 1500 after their big day.

    Needless to say, it was early to bed for all and hopefully better day tomorrow!
    Read more