Satellite
  • Day 15

    Manzanillo

    January 11, 2018 in Costa Rica ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Welcome to the Caribbean!

    This morning we rode by bicycle to the Manzanillo Park. It’s the most beautiful beach I have seen so far - pure Caribbean flair and simply paradisiacal! But to get there it takes you like one hour. We always ride in bikini because it’s simply to hot and sweaty to keep your clothes on - What effects especially, the car horns of the cars passing by..It’s a nice way though. Sometimes shady, sometimes in the sun and at the end one has to overcome a few hills to reach Manzanillo - what is really a lot of exercise as the bicycles have no gear. To enter the park one needs to pass a bridge. Then we followed the path right beneath the sea - similar to the Cahuita Park. We could see a lot of animals as well but the beaches were a way much better than the ones in Cahuita. But the peak of the trip was yet to come. Out of nowhere, we were surprised by a breathtaking view - this was simply paradise. I think I only saw two beaches comparable to this one in Galapagos at Tortuga Bay and Hawaii at the Haleiwa. The water was so transparent and blue - it’s actually, one of the best snorkeling spots in this area. I could have stayed there all day long. But we moved on because we wanted to see the cave. We were told to find a cave after the viewing point with a very hidden entry in the riff wall. It’s seven meters long and has a hole through which one can observe the sky above - however, we weren’t able to find the entry and turned. On the way back, we stayed at one of the beaches and enjoyed the coconuts we bought. To eat the fruit we found a woman who opened the coconut for us and cut out a spoon from another coconut - yammi!! After a while we had to make our way back home because Aina had to work the evening shift.

    This day was one of my favorites so far!
    Read more