Satellite
  • Day 4

    A day off

    March 30, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 7 °C

    We did our 'reset' at the Sharp (the company Sam drives for) terminal here in Logan, Utah. Each week we have to take 34 hours off to reset the drive clock.

    It has been super sunny but hasn't gotten over 50°f. Bruce and I took advantage of the sun yesterday and took a stroll down the dirt road adhacent to the truck lot. It seemed to go on much farther than we went,, but after about a mile and a half it was no longer a road, but a muddy, grassy track.

    When we decided to turn around it was because we happened on about 15 blue herons. I had never seen a flock of herons before, which according to google is called a siege. I am guessing it is mating season, being spring and that I have only ever seen solitary birds before.

    These guys were almost as tall as my shoulders and I didn't dare get close enough for a good picture. I was worried they might come at the dog or myself. As it was a few of them that saw me turned toward me, began bo bing their heads amd making repetitive, guttural honking sounds.

    We spent the rest of the day lounging, cleaning out the truck and doing laundry. Today wr head back to Portland. Sam has requested we be sent east or south, but we'll see how that goes. He is the newest driver in the company and we're making decent money.

    Plus, I get to see the marmots in Idaho everytime we roll down 84. I can't catch a decent photo, though.
    Read more