Satellite
  • Day 5

    The Last Day

    October 18, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Took the car back first thing this morning before checking out. We were excited to find out that there was a shower facility downstairs which we were ok to use in the afternoon so this was very exciting, as we were going to get very sweaty and wet after a swim.

    We had a couple of hours to kill before lunch so we took the scooters down to the gardens along the water. Thought the kids could have a kick and it was about 2 minutes before they started fighting. We split them up for 10 minutes or so and that seemed to work wonders, everyone was happy after that.

    We scootered down to the Stokes Bay Wharf for lunch which wasn’t too bad. Took the scooters back to the hotel and swapped them for some bathers. Back to the wave pool which was a bit busier than during the week but not too bad. After I got out I thought I’d have a look to see what food options there were at the airport but it looked like most if not all were closed! So I did a mad dash to woolies for something to eat, and I’m glad I did because there really was nothing open at the airport.

    And that was the end of our Darwin holiday! Had a good time, will be good to go back in a few weeks though and see some of the things we didn’t quite get to with the kids.
    Read more