Satellite
  • Day 5

    Around Darwin

    November 11, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    Woke up this morning and did the right thing by heading straight for the gym. Did a pretty good cardio workout there before venturing downstairs for breakfast.

    Breakfast over and it was time to go for a walk in the heat. We started along the boardwalk and noticed a whole bunch of military people setting something up, we then realised it’s remeberance day today so figured that’s what it was all about. We decided to stick around and watch the service, mainly because Rob wanted to see the guns fired off.

    After sweltering in the heat there we kept waking along the esplanade then continued on to Cullin Bay. We eventually arrived to find a bunch of shops and restaurants which didn’t seem open. It was pretty dead. We stayed and watched a boat pass through the lock then had a coffee before making our way back home.

    Had a dip in the pool which was nice although a took a bit of a stack getting in as it was really slippery. After the pool it was time for a rest then we had to get ready for our sunset cruise on the harbour. This turned out to be pretty good - a couple of hours on the water, we enjoyed it.
    Read more