Satellite
  • Day 8

    Last day in Darwin

    November 14, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 34 °C

    Tried to make the most of our last day here in Darwin before flying home tonight. A 12pm checkout time at the hotel certainly helped.

    Slept really well again and struggled to get out of bed on time, which meant a slightly shorter workout routine than I’d hoped (especially after last nights indulgence). Still, we got something in before doing a small amount of shopping back in the mall. It was really just to get us heated up a bit really as next up was one last swim in the pool.

    Shower then checkout and it was time to waste a few more hours. Plan was to walk down to the fish and chip place (frying nemos) that had supposedly won many awards like best in Australia etc. The walk was boring, hot and with very little shade, but we got there eventually and found quite a nice little marina. Had some decent fish and chips (certainly not best in the world standard tho) then walked through the burbs towards our last stop - the Botanic Gardens. Our plan was to check these out before finding a scooter to take back to the hotel. The gardens we saw were meh and it was partially fenced off which prevented us from getting to where the scooters were which meant a whole lot more walking in the heat than we’d planned. We found some eventually though and scootered our way back home to pick up our bags.
    Read more