Satellite
  • Day 2

    Battambang

    March 7, 2017 in Cambodia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Today was an early start followed by a 6 hour bus journey all the way to Battambang. We stopped off at various points along the way, all of different interests and each place having a slightly distinct culture.

    First stop was Kampong, famous for its ceramics. There were ceramic Buddha's ranging from the size of my hand to twice my height. The second location we stopped of at was Pursat where I enjoyed a lovely chicken curry (for $2.00 may I add) as well as learning the area was known for its type of marble. Another stop that was made en route between villages was at a fruit store market stand. There was the most beautiful milk fruit given to us by a wonderful lady, as well as two little children who couldn't help but say hello. It has to be said their smiles made my day.

    After dumping our bags off at the hotel, we had a tuk tuk tour of the markets and town, displaying a range of fruit, fish and meat which were all very fascinating however the smell was questionable. The tour finished up at the Bamboo train which was exhilarating and unique experience that I would recommend to anyone. Heading back to the town during sunset, we finished the day by deciding on street food for dinner, another bargain ($6.00 for 4 meals)!
    Read more