Satellite
  • Day 15

    Hoi An

    April 16, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    12 hours on a bus and we arrived in the town of Hoi An. Eventually we arrived at our hostel, all very sweaty but well rested. Having had confusion in finding the hostel in the first place, the place did not disappoint having heard to many recommendations to stay in this specific hostel.

    Not wasting any time, we decided to hire bicycles and went to a local bakery to grab some breakfast. We then went back to the hostel in hope that we could be shown our dorms and check in. The views of the hostel are amazing. From the pool and window you could look out over Hoi An and lots of rice paddies. After a well needed shower, we headed back out and over to the Ancient Town. Our first stop were the tailors, all of us choosing our items we wanted made. My bank balance certainly felt the hit after this visit, but hoping the clothes made are worth the money, especially as no one back home will have the clothes I have chosen to be made. It was a very exhilarating experience though, especially with my love for shopping and clothes I loved being able to pick anything to be made.

    We then spent the rest of the day wondering around the Ancient town and finding our bearings. The amount of clothes, jewellery and food you could buy was pretty much unlimited and I had to refrain from buying countless things on numerous occasions. It was certainly a shop until you drop experience.

    On the way back to the hostel we stopped off by the beach to watch the sunset. It was so picturesque and the sky was a variety of gorgeous colours. The scenery on the way to the beach was also amazing, the sunset being over all the rice paddies. The experience was almost surreal.

    Back at the hostel we decided to treat ourselves to a few drinks and ended up joining the pub crawl the hostel was hosting. The night was thoroughly enjoyable and we carried on until the early hours of the morning. We finished the night with a banh mi, a typical Vietnamese food which was delicious and probably tasted 10x better being under the influence of alcohol.

    I can definitely say that our stop in Hoi An had got off to a promising start.
    Read more