Satellite
  • Day 25

    Puluong

    April 26, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Getting up to the beautiful landscapes of Mai Chau and enjoying the breakfast at our homestay, it was soon time to leave on the bus further up into the mountains for our trekking at Puluong.

    Despite the 'roads' being quite questionable on the way up, we arrived at our next homestay and enjoyed a delightful lunch of chicken and baguettes.

    Having thought Mai Chau was stunning, I was in for a treat with what was to come. After lunch we headed off on our trek through the rice paddies. From the moment of stepping out the homestay the scenery was breathtaking and I've never quite seen anything like it. No words could do this place justice nor any picture capture how incredible it is. Every 2 minutes you are taking in new nice paddies and seeing locals a work.

    Being such an untouched area by tourists many locals look at you as though you are aliens, which in a way is quite humorous. The area was also so empty which made the experience all the more special. Our tour guide said that in 10 years time this will be the new Sapa, which makes me sad as the beauty of the place is because it's so natural and non touristy. Sitting at dinner that evening I still couldn't get over the sights I saw that day, despite being physically exhausted it's definitely been a highlight of my time in Vietnam. And I know I say many places I've been to or things I've seen are a highlight but this was on a whole new level.

    The dinner served that evening was divine, everything tasting incredible and cooked by the family we were staying with as well as our tour guide. We then got invited afterwards to sit with the family while they ate their dinner and despite the language barrier it was a precious moment.
    Read more