Satellite
  • Day 4

    Jetlag

    December 18, 2016 in the Netherlands ⋅ 🌫 5 °C

    Well its 5.30 in the morning and we are up having a coffee.
    After a 5hr car trip from Whyalla to Adelaide (for Debbie a 45min plane trip, I think I had the better deal working and then flying) 13hr flight from Adelaide to Dubai 3hr stopover and lastly 7hr flight from Dubai to Amsterdam.
    We went through customs very quickly all bags arrive with us which is always a good feeling. Easily bought our metro pass and found the train into Amsterdam Central. Always a interesting ride on trains and trams with your luggage.
    After a few extra steps we found our apartment and had a warm welcome from Paul our host. He took one look at us and thought he had better turn the heating down. Only people walking around with t-shirts! When he left we turn the heating off.
    We did rug up to go looking for a supermarket.
    If we survive Amsterdam it may be a miracle, I'm sure it will be death by a cyclist or dodging one.
    Really didn't find what we were looking for but picked some essentials from an organic supermarket. I did see a lot of street vendors selling ollie bollies as we call them in Whyalla. So will have to try them and see how Whyalla's compares.
    Tea wasn't much success so it was showers and into bed by 7.30pm.
    We are just waiting for the rest of Amsterdam to wake up and go and explore.
    If all else fails we have one of Amsterdam famous coffee shops across the road if we need to chill out. Which reminds me Kellie got her first wiff of cannabis walking the streets last night.
    Photo of view from our apartment window.
    Read more