Satellite
  • Day 4

    Day out in Amsterdam

    December 18, 2016 in the Netherlands ⋅ 🌫 4 °C

    It's hard to get used to the late sunrise and early sunset if there is even a sun out there.
    Kellie is struggling as she is like a rooster, gets up with the sun and goes to bed when the sun goes down.
    We caught the tram and headed back to the zoo where you could see Flamingos from the road. A wander and a few photos then continued walking to where the kids had put a padlock on a bridge the last time we were here, only to find it had been cut off.
    After being disappointed we decided to find a place famous for their apple pie. After a bit of a walk and not really knowing where we were going the 'hangry's' set in. We walked past a pancake shop and decided to stop there. It was a good choice yum yum. Then we set off to Madame Tussauds as Brodie has wanted to do this every holiday. As by the photo you can see my favourite. Brodie loved the Marvel comic characters. It was very good and interactive. We decided to hop on a tram and see where it would take us. Ended up at the Museumplien where the "I am Amsterdam" sign is. There was markets set up here and we had a wander and a snack. Time to head back to the apartment. Lost Dave on the way, we got off the tram but he got stuck behind someone and the tram went off. He eventually walked back to us. Our joke for the trip now. We cooked tea which was a bit more of a success than last night. Then we went for a walk, except Brodie who fell asleep again.
    All in all, a good day.
    Photo 1- Ice rink at the 'I am Amsterdam'
    Photo 2 - Just getting light at 8.30am
    Photo3 - Flamingos at the zoo
    Photo 4 - Brodie's pancake: banana, strawberry sauce and whipped cream
    Photo 5 - My new screen saver Chris Hemsworth/Thor
    Photo 6 - Frites at the markets
    Read more