Satellite
  • Day 20

    Florence

    January 3, 2017 in Italy ⋅ 🌙 5 °C

    We are off to Florence today. A buffet breakfast was included in our accommodation. That was a nice change to walk down and have it all laid out for you. Turin (Torino) is a very architectural town, it is called the royal city. In the earlier days Royals used to live here, hence the lovely buildings. Today I'm not wearing thermals and I won't go into a description of how good that feels. The sun is shining and beautiful blue sky, it instantly makes you feel good. A quick walk to the train station and we boarded at 11.30.  It is always interesting getting on the train. Everyone has luggage and you have to lift it up on luggage racks above your seats. They really need one way traffic as it's every man for himself. Kellie and I need Dave or Brodie to lift our luggage up, but people are so impatient they expect you to haul yourself and luggage out of the way. Today a man shoved us out the way then proceeded to tell us we were in his seat. It's all good fun.The train temp gauge said it's 11 degrees outside, a warm day .We traveled at 300km/h so the countryside whizzed by. We arrived in Florence about 2.30pm and had a short walk to our apartment. We did our grocery shopping, once again always challenging in a new country. I will never complain about our checkouts. Here in Europe you have a job to keep up with putting the groceries up, then they literally throw them on the other side and you have to quickly pack your own bags. By the time we leave we are all frazzled. Cooked tea and resting, ready to explore a new city.

    Photo 1 - Breakfast
    Photo 2 - Building in Turin
    Photo 3, 4- View as we left Turin
    Photo 5 - Speed of train
    Photo 6 - Packet of chips, flavour tomato and they tasted just like hot chips and sauce.
    Read more