Satellite
  • Day 41

    Mixed feelings

    January 24, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 19 °C

    We had a good flight from Prague to Dubai. They had to de-ice the wings before we left. None of us slept as it was only a 6 hour flight. We were a bit late landing, so it was a quick marathon walk to our next flight. As it turned out we made it with time to spare. I was upgraded to business class, but refused it and asked for my original seat. I didn't want to be separated from my family. About 2hrs into the flight when I was trying to find a comfortable position I did think I was mad. Kellie and Brodie slept most of the way and Dave and I managed some sleep. We watched a lightning storm just after we took off and then saw a colourful sunrise. We arrived back in Adelaide about 9pm. It seemed strange walking outside and feeling the humidity. I think we were all bracing for that cold slap in the face that we have had for 5 weeks. We are driving straight home as it is easier than doing it the next day. A midnight stop at Port Wakefield for some aussie roadhouse food.
    We are all feeling a bit sad our holiday has come to an end, but are all looking for a few home comforts.

    Photo 1 - Sunrise from the plane
    Photo 2 - Dave's steak sandwich
    Photo 3 - Jeremy and aussie food
    Read more