Satellite
  • Day 4

    LA on Steroids

    December 17, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Today we had a private tour of LA with Emily. What a great day, really informative. Learned the history of the name Hollywood and how the sign came to be on the side of the mountain. Went to the Walk of Fame, Beverly Hills, Sunset Blvd, Rodeo Drive. Saw a few celebrity homes, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, David Beckham a few I remember. We had lunch at the 'In and Out Burger'. It looks like McDonald's but it was far superior, all fresh ingredients, there are no freezers out the back. Super busy and we went on a quiet time. It was a good burger, I had the animal version. Brodie even ate the lettuce and most of the tomato, so it must have been good! Went to Santa Monica Pier, then onto Venice Beach. Loved Venice Beach, people selling homemade crafts, lots of eclectic people. You could literally sit and people watch there.
    We asked about the mountain lions and black bears- yes it is right she mentioned a few other animals, but they mostly come out at night. She thought it was amusing as we have more deadly animals. Got a strong whiff of a skunk, the other Californian smell is weed, as it's legal here now. We really enjoyed our day with Emily, she likes the same TV shows as us and she watches a lot of Australian shows. She dropped us off at Anaheim (Disneyland) and gave us a crash course on how to do Disneyland.
    Just waiting for the washing to dry to hit the sack.
    Read more