Satellite
  • Day 3

    Finally out of the Airport!

    May 15, 2019 in Iceland ⋅ 🌧 10 °C

    #1 What kind of influence will this trip have on you as a leader?

    I believe all of the development opportunities that leaders can gain from traveling to different countries, such as managing uncertainty and gaining respect, will improve as a result of going on this trip, but the biggest influence this journey will have on me is that I will be gaining a variety learning opportunities. I will get out of this trip what I put in, and I plan on giving it my all. When I come across something that is new or an activity I haven’t done before, I often find myself standing in the back of the group watching others instead of participating, and that is the biggest habit that I want to change while on this trip. It will be scary and push me out of my comfort zone, but it will also be worth it and will help me continue to grow in my leadership journey.
    All around Reykjavik there are stickers or tags. Some of them are inspirational while others have no real meaning but to look cool. This sticker is one of the first I saw while in Reykjavik, and I feel like it set the mood for the entire trip. I was not going to hold myself back or let anyone else keep me from treating this trip as an adventure. I feel like I took everything Iceland offered me and learned from it, whether it was eating fermented shark or capturing the perfect picture of one of the many waterfalls. I don’t know if I will ever go back to Iceland, so I made to sure to create my own trip, one that I will remember for the rest of my life.
    Read more