Satellite
  • Day 2

    Twickenham Stadium

    March 11, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Out to Twickenham for the England vs Scotland 6 Nations Clash. In the lead up to the game there was a lot of hype around how good it was going to be, England going for a record-equalling 18th straight win, but failing to start strongly so far in the 6 Nations and Scotland having had a very good campaign having beaten Ireland and Wales.

    Unfortunately for Scotland, England got their act together and pulled together a very impressive 80 min performance. The final score was 61-21, with Man of the Match winner Jonathan Joseph scoring three tries and Quins Danny Care scoring two in his 20 min on the pitch. England securing a bonus point win, the Calcutta Cup and the 6 Nations. I fortunately have England in the work sweep so yay for me!

    After the game we had another beer in the fan zone, which is a glorified beer garden that's open before, during and after the game that has bars, street food, big screens with other games on and a live band. Everyone is getting into the spirit of it, dancing, singing and basically having a good time.

    Afterwards we walked back to Richmond where we went to Pizzeria Rustica and had since delicious pizza and wine before heading home to bed.
    Read more