Satellite
  • Day 3

    Me and Lady Gaga

    June 26, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 20 °C

    We all slept well enough ready for our first day in New York. Big breakfast, we ordered healthy enough food but had not anticipated the huge portions. Fruit, granola and yoghurt sounds light but the fruit and granola came in big enough bowls for one portion to feed all of us and we three sisters had ordered the same each. We left as much as we ate. Rob managed his fried breakfast no problem.
    We took the subway to the World Trade Centre and visited Ground Zero. The monuments are stunningly beautiful.
    We then walked through Wall Street to Battery Park and had lunch on the harbour overlooking the Statue of Liberty. After lunch we walked along the promenade under sweet smelling mimosa trees, past the little marina mooring multi million dollar boats and boarded the water taxi.
    We cruised down to Brooklyn bridge, around the Statue of Liberty and up past New Jersey to the Hudson River Park. It was a fabulous trip, seeing all the iconic landmarks from the water.
    After disembarking we got on a bus up to Central Park where we met Easy (easy like Sunday morning) and his sidekick Alex, who cycled us around Central park in their tut tuts. Easy's (fantasy) girlfriend is of course Lady Gaga, so we were entertained by his wit and anecdotes as he guided us around the park. They were both knowledgeable, witty, charming and fun. Their love of the park and New York was beautiful and infectious. Easy encouraged us to be proud and confident and behave as if we own the place. On Easy's recommendation we walked into The Plaza as if we lived there($9000 per night) and enjoyed a cup of tea and a rest before walking back to our hotel for a brief rest before eating out locally.
    A full and thoroughly enjoyable day.
    Read more