Satellite
  • Day 5

    Last night in New York

    June 28, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Some people here are huge. Reading the breakfast menus tells us why. Everything with brown sugar, honey and maple syrup, all at once. Yesterday we found a self service diner for breakfast. It made me so happy to have the right breakfast for me.
    We all know Americans don't drink tea but not having a kettle in the hotel room seems uncivilised. I am so missing having a cuppa in the morning and evening.
    Street food rules during the day here. We walked down a street heading for Times Square which was bumper to bumper food vans. People come out of the office to a wide choice of street cuisine.
    We ate at Ellon's Stardust Diner. All the staff are Broadway wannabes, so very theatrical, waiters singing from the musicals. We ate our meals whilst singing along to "grease is the word" and songs from Frozen. The food was good and all the dishes had theatrical names.
    It had to be done. A trip up the Empire State Building. It never disappoints. A beautiful clear night. Words cant quite capture the magnificence of the New York skyline.
    I was practically asleep walking back to the hotel. Another good but tiring day and evening in New York. Tomorrow we leave for Rhode Island
    Read more