Satellite
  • Day 1

    Vancouver

    January 29, 2018 in Canada ⋅ 🌧 9 °C

    We made it out of Hazelton Jan 29th. Phew. After teaching until the 25th, getting report cards done and cleaning up for the new teacher to live at our place, it was good to hit the road although leaving snow and friends behind is always hard. We were able to exchange hugs with Robin in Prince George, had coffee with Liam in 100 Mile, and drove through on the Duffy Lake Road. Roads were pretty good, except Quesnel where we drove through a snowstorm to get there, and slid around on ice when leaving. But they do have the world's best donuts at the Quesnel Bakery and a pretty nice pool.
    We stayed our second overnight with Dawn in Squamish and then walked at Lighthouse Park on the way to Marty's eye exam. Unfortunately, Marty and his eyes are too old for the PRK surgery that he was hoping for, so the bifocals are coming on the trip. Staying with Sheelagh, James, Mackenna, and Keenan in Vancouver has been comfy and easy. Thanks for the friendship and for giving up your bedroom, your house made up for the deluge outside! Science World today was great and Caleb says that anyone who comes down should go there. Jorja loved the water works. We saw an IMAX about Henry Bates who spent 11 years in the Amazon Jjungle in the 1850's whose collection of butterflies gave Darwin the proof he needed for his theory of Natural Selection. Tomorrow we are heading to Vancouver Island to visit Hazelton expats.
    Caleb's thoughts: HI friends & frenemies wassup ... the drive down to Vancouver was awesome .we got to Vancouver on Wednesday and luckily went to a friends house and crashed for the night ! It rained two days strait which was a bummer and we didn't do very many outdoor things in that period luckily todays been pretty nice :)so that's all for now >>>>wait I forgot to mention I got to go onstage in science world for an experiment and get splashed when the guy put a tuning fork in the water.
    That's all for now folks! Enjoy the snow and have a ski for us.
    Read more