Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Sea Day

    February 7, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    This was the most laid-back day I've ever had on a cruise. I spent most of it in our stateroom.

    We slept late, headed to Windjammer for breakfast, and then I went in search of a quiet place to stitch for awhile.

    I was frustrated. I find all the loud music and cruise staff yelling into their microphones to be really unpleasant and overstimulating. I went to the Viking Crown Lounge which seemed promising--only a few people there, nice light, and a pretty good view of the water--- for about 5 minutes until an arguing couple's (loud) discussion was sharply punctuated by their shrieking child. Exit, me. I found Wayne in the Solarium- an aerobics class was in session. I found a tiny area outside the Spa- a couple of ladies were loudly discussing their favorite ice cream.🙄

    We went to the pool deck-loud Zumba class going on- but when that finished, not awful, and met up with another Cruise Critic couple- Frank and Diane from Michigan. We had a lovely talk, for about an hour, and then I headed to the stateroom for awhile. W and I went for a walk through the shops, where we didn't see anything we couldn't live without. I headed to the casino for a short time, and did pretty poorly.🤷‍♀️ Happens. Back to the room where W was taking a nap, and spent the rest of the afternoon resting and chilling .

    It may seem strange to be enjoying my cruise in an inside stateroom- but for some reason today, I'm in a place where the overstimulation is uncomfortable. So staying in the room today has been perfect for me. I'm following my bliss. Tomorrow will most likely be different, and I'll enjoy the activity.

    We had dinner with Paul, Barbara, Linda, and Pete. Great baked sole, and lemon tart.

    Extra hour of sleep tonight.
    Read more