Satellite
  • Day 38

    A good honest brothel

    October 28, 1989 in Mali

    Monday came, market day, amd we again set up in our corner, and had long chats with the Dutch couple and a funny Spanish couple. After a long and fairly boring market, where I indulged in a bag ull of BBQ goat, tough but salty, and the remains of which I gave to the kids which sparked a big argument.

    Eventually the Bachee left, but the driver had the wrong papers, so he deposited everyone on the edge of town and went back to get his ID. Came back about 45 minutes later and drove down the river bank to the ferry zone, but drove too far down and got stuck in a stupid place, way past where the ferry came in. Eventually, after having to virtually carry the Bachee bodily to the ferry, and then rowing the ferry to the right spot, it still took another 15 minutes manouevering to get the vehicle onto the ferry.

    The bachee was a pickup truck with covered back and seats around the sides and front. Once everyone had settled in there was abit of a commotion as a large (width not height) policeman appeared, announced that he was coming with us (no fee) and demanded the best seat from the ladies who were already sitting there. He was a fat obnoxious T&!t with zero idea of public service or manners.

    The ferry crossed and after a short breakdown we took off towards Mopti - 3 hours for 3 KMS. Got back to Mopti and headed for the Bar Mali - A good honest Brothel.
    Read more