Satellite
  • Day 113

    Day 111 Mountian Air for the Soul....

    July 10, 2018 in Slovenia ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Tuesday 10/07/2018 (Day 25 SZ). Alpska perla Apartments Gorenji Novaki 80, Cerkno, 5282, Slovenia

    Another day dawn and yes praise God we are alive no mass murders on the mountain ha ha.....to be honest a night alone up here was quite relaxing and very surreal..

    Basically a day until 2 pm just sitting for John and preparing dinner 🥘 for tonight and for me catching up on my blog... so not a lot to talk about really...

    A few workmen were on the mountain early to do maintenance work so a bit of noise in the silence that surrounded us..l

    This afternoon we took the car out to explore around us... my goodness the roads are winding, winding,winding, uphill down dale... houses perched in the oddest spots... on hills... access to sheds via a suspended bridge style driveway... looked unreal. Houses tucked into spots so scary you would wonder why they put a house there.... we just took turns here and there, finally ending up at a little waterfall... then once we took a short all to it we ended up travelling what we realised later the edge if the Italian border to a little restaurant perched on a hill slope with a trout farm behind it.... it was one of the many restaurants or cafe/bar saying motorbikes welcome here... must be a thing about bike riders, but many out there places advertise quite loudly they are welcome... great views here of massive very rugged mountains in the background....

    Then after a drink, we had to turn around and head back hime 45 minuets, if we turn around... 2-3 hrs if we keep going forward... so back we go... the views over the mountains and valleys have been unbelievable and breathtaking... honestly it’s stuff even a movie can’t capture, my pictures can’t come anywhere near what bare eye can see....

    Then on the way home,I had every time we had been up and down noticed a bunker type set up, so,we stopped to investigate....Ohh 😮 my goodness is it unreal... the whole thing was about 150metres long with Room after Room in it a huge long hallway.. and other areas we couldn’t access...so surreal to see... we will have to google to see if there is any info on it all....

    Well what a short stay and how much have we tucked into our time in Slovenia, it has like the other places we have been to offers heaps to see and if you had a couple of years to travel you might get to experience the full experience each country had to offer....
    Being on the mountain has been lovely just so far from accessing other areas easily...
    Read more