Satellite
  • Day 2

    HEATHROW TO VANCOUVER, CANADA

    May 26, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Leisurely start to the day, free bus to Terminal 2 and then a DIY check in, you even stick your own luggage label on these days! We had a very smooth and quick trip through security and had plenty of time to look around the shops and have lunch and the plane departed on time.

    We had some clear and good views of the Western Scottish coast line and then when we flew over the sea between Greenland and Canada it was very clear with blue skies and we had some amazing views of huge sheets of ice on the sky blue water. The camera was in the locker so we didn't get pictures of the best views but did do a few snaps.

    As we flew into Vancouver we could see the mountains, the green forests, islands off the coast, mills with logs floating in the water, all things that we associated from our last visit to Vancouver 36 years ago! We had a delay getting off the plane as paramedics had to come on for one of the passengers but fortunately the passenger seemed to be ok. We caught the skytrain to Waterfront in downtown and checked into our hotel, Skwachays Lodge which is decorated with aboriginal art.

    The long flight started to catch up with us so we grabbed a sandwich at the local 7/11 store and headed to bed at 7.30 pm!!!! However at 3.30 am next day we weren't quite into Pacific time so had a cuppa and wrote the blog!
    Read more