Satellite
  • Day 3

    Ho Chi Minh City - Day 1

    July 2, 2019 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    Finally arrived in HCMC. What a zoo!

    I've been a lot of places but I've never seen traffic like this. Its really challenging to be a pedestrian... scooters are everywhere, even on sidewalks whizzing by you. Crosswalks are purely decorative! What a waste of paint haha. Crossing streets is like playing frogger or crossy road. You have to walk right into traffic and trust the vehicles to go around you.. not intuitive at all !

    After settling in, I went for a walk and stumbled across a tiny microbrew place. Tried a few mango and chilli beers then went off to find food. People here are incredibly friendly, plus i really stick out i guess in a sea of asians everywhere. People talk to me everywhere i go.

    One person i chatted with for a while took me to a traditional viet restaurant and ordered a ton of food for us. It was amazing. Altho i was a bit embarrassed at my inadequacies with chop sticks. I paid the bill and it was 10 dollars including our drinks. Ridiculous! Will post a pic of our feast.

    Finally the jetlag caught up and i had to crash hard. Slept a few hours and then went back to the same microbrew to close out the night .
    Read more