Satellite
  • Day 29

    Maldives Day 13

    August 23, 2020 on the Maldives ⋅ ⛅ 40 °C

    We woke up on our last full day and headed straight down for our breakfast. I am going to miss the 3 course breakfast of cereal, omelette beans and toast then pancakes with syrup (although I am pretty sure my body won't)....

    After breakfast I had the strange idea of riding our rubber ring from our water villa into the shore. The thought was, I would end up somewhere close to the watersports place and could book paddle boarding up for that afternoon. Turned out after close to an hour of drifting in that general direction, and with sunburn starting to kick in, that I wasn't going to make it!! It ended with Gemma walking into the sea and calling me back in from playing like an angry mum!

    With the boxing not finishing until 330am local time I took full advantage of our lovely new villas daybed by laying in it for most of the day! We livened up for our paddle boarding at 3pm which was so much harder than the last time because of the choppier waters, we made if back to our water villa for some pictures and swam over plenty of stingrays on our way!

    We had a drink at the beach bar afterwards and then headed back to our villa to sit on the terrace until sunset - it was a perfect end to the trip!

    Our waitor Shiaan set up a lovely table for our last dinner and we said our goodbyes and got an early night, ready for a 530am start in the morning!
    Read more