Satellite
  • Day 74

    Tanzania Day 34 - Nungwi

    October 7, 2020 in Tanzania ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    We had an early start for another of Boris' excursions, this time a boat trip with Dolphin Snorkeling and a Coral Reef.

    After some delays waiting on the beach we set off and after a short journey we spotted a group of around 30 dolphins!! We jumped straight in and although they seemed more frightened than in Maldives we did get to see babies and so many more than before, although they were all sticking to the sea bed for safety!

    We then headed on to a private island, Billy Gates' according to Boris... And the snorkeling there was the best either of us have ever done... The fish were everywhere and corals we so vast and funny looking.. We spent around 25 minutes exploring and really could have done more!!

    The next stop was a sandbank which was an Instagrammers paradise!! The views were amazing though to be fair and we spent another 17 half an hour or so relaxing on the sand in the middle of the ocean!! It was here I finally learnt how to float, it turns out all of this time I have had my head to far out of water!! When coach Gemma pointed this out I was floating like a rubber ring, what an achievement!! Haha

    We headed back to land and straight into Istanbul which, even though we had no cash and they didn't except card, welcomed us with open arms under the assumption we would settle up in the morning... The owner Jamal was a character and looked after us with everything from sunbeds to phone chargers and made sure we would not only settle up in the morning but visit again for the next day as well!!
    Read more