Satellite
  • Day 10

    Sisteron

    April 23, 2016 in France ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    We sadly bid our alps home goodbye this morning. It has been the most rejuvenating and incredible stay and we are already wishing we could return at the end of our Europe trip. We head off to our next accommodation, this time in the French Provence to sample some of the local wine. Unfortunately, Flora has taken ill. She spent most of the night awake. She would spend the entire drive asleep (nothing new really).

    Along the way, we stopped by at Sisteron on Trevor's advice. You know what they say - locals know best. We only had a short time here so we went straight for the top of the hill where La Citadelle de Sisteron sits.

    Today is a history day. Today, we used our selfie stick for the first time. Aaron was hooked. That selfie stick would be an extension of his arm for the next hour. The citadel had been used as a fortress for centuries, a jail for a time and even held a Polish prince prisoner at the top of the tower. His cell was closed off with perspex but they had furnished it with a small bed, a study table and a (very princely) mannequin.

    After some selfie-stick time, we headed back to the car and continued on to Aix-en-Provence where we would stay for the next 2 nights.
    Read more