Satellite
  • Day 26

    Praiano

    May 9, 2016 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    We enjoyed a lovely sleep-in today. Flora got up early enough to enjoy a run to Scala with Aaron. The jog down was nice; the jog up was something else altogether. How in the world do those professional cyclists climb mountains over such long distances? We’ve seen kids riding ponies up and down this part of town; maybe Flora could hitch a ride.

    The afternoon sees us driving along the Amalfi Coast to Praiano. It’s a tiny little village by the sea wedged between Positano and Amalfi. Have we left Earth and landed in Heaven?? This little bay that we came to was devoid of tourists (except maybe us) and flanked by steep cliffs on either side. The eye cannot comprehend such beauty. We have lunch at a café next to the pebbled beach before dipping into the clear blue waters.

    The water is so refreshing (limb-numbingly freezing cold)! After about 3 minutes of the body acclimatising to an ice bath, our swim was one of the most pleasant experiences we’ve had on this trip. The view of the bay as we treaded water is (I’m at a loss of words here) just breathtaking. In true Aussie style, we dried off (sun-baked) atop the pebbles and spent a good couple of hours lazing around without getting sunburnt. Praiano, you are truly a magical little gem in the Amalfi Coast.
    Read more