Satellite
  • Day 2

    Centro del mundo

    July 10, 2018 in Ecuador ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    After an excellent and well needed night's sleep we gathered around the breakfast table and had a wonderful time. Daniel's sister boiled eggs and made tea and we ate loads of toast. Not too empressed by the cheese but the hospitality was gold! Super friendly family that went all the way to make us feel so welcome!

    Today have we visited the ciudad mitad del Mundo, the point zero latitude at the equator. We saw a couple of exhibitions of Guayasamin, a famous ecuadorian painter. We also tasted chocolate and beer and did experiments. Apparently the gravity is less present on the equator so for instance ballancing an egg on a nail wasnt an impossibility.

    In the evening we decided to go into the center to visit the market and try some hot chocolate and South american specialities. In the meantime my mother took the kids to bed. Apparently Viggo manager to camouflage himself up against the white chalk painted wall so when my uncle went to check in him a while later he almost had a heart attack. The kid appeared to be missing! My mom luckily found hon before they called him in as a missing person and all things good.

    Now im behind in today's big adventure in the cloud forest but im just so exhausted it has to wait until tomorrow. Night night everyone!
    Read more